Monday, June 15, 2009

Savannah: Love at First Site

With its stately oak trees laden with Spanish moss, beautiful antebellum homes and inviting downtown public squares, Savannah drips with southern charm.

The downtown area is laid out on a grid with public squares like this one.

Visitors can learn about the city's rich history through the monuments erected to Savannah's founding fathers.

A few highlights from our walking tour of Savannah.

We enjoyed stepping inside the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist to admire the architecture and stained glass windows. The girls couldn't stop talking about this "castle."

Two of my favorite beaus.

My little southern belles.


Ariadone said...

Good morning Melissa, sorry, me again. I am early because I m in Europe-other timezone offcourse.
What beautiful church, very unique. In Germany and Scandinavia one can find churches like this, but this one is real bright.
These concentrated little faces in front of the statues, wonderful.
Be well. I visit along in Savannah.
Godeliva from Ariadone

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

What a great trip. I grew up about an hour from Savannah, just over the SC border. Did you try the pralines at the Candy Kitchen??

Graham Shenanigans said...

Beautiful pics, as usual. Glad yall had a great time. Looks like Emma is about to catch up in height to Mary Ashley. I love the pic where Emma is looking at her brother and giggling!! Adorable!!

Shanna said...

I do SO love Savannah! Every visit brings delight...there is so much to explore and learn and do.

Jan's Blog said...

I have a dear sweet friend who is moving to Georgia soon after her first baby is born. She isn't looking forward to it, but thanks to you I can show her what a lovely and exciting place this could be to live. Of course, everything you touch, everywhere you go, and everything you do is cloaked in loveliness!

T. Brodie said...

You have done a much better job showing it than I ever could have done. I don't even think I got around to putting up pictures! I just hope you all went to the cupcake store and tried some of the best cupcakes ever!

Allidink said...

Aw I want to go to Savannah sooo bad! Those pictures just make me gaga I love the antebellum south!

All the best,

Blog Widget by LinkWithin