Monday, June 29, 2009

Teapot Garden Flowers

When I found this wire teapot on clearance at a local gift shop, I knew it would be perfect for a garden tea party.

To make a flower arrangement like this one, line the bottom of a wire form with moss. Cut a piece of floral foam, soaked according to package directions, and place it in a plastic bowl. Slip the bowl into the wire form and add a little more water to the bowl before covering the foam with moss. Cut floral stems at an angle, and slip them into the foam. Slip a few stems through the wires for a free-form look, and finish off the arrangement with ribbon if desired.

See last week's posts for more ideas from our flip-flop tea party. And be sure to check out this post from last summer for directions on making a flip-flop cake!

10 comments:

Elise said...

Perfect !

I am staggered to hear that you have a cupboard under the stairs for all your crafty bits and bobs !

Maybe the secret to success here is to keep an eye out for unusual things all the time - otherwise I find that I never have what I need when I need it ! I don't have the patience to check sales though - too much of a jumble for me !

Love the teapot, and with your creativity it looks perfect.

Leanne Helums said...

I have just recently found your blog. I LOVE IT! You have such pretty ideas. The tea party was just beautiful. Your children are pretty too. Thanks for sharing

Just a little something from Judy said...

Do you continually have a line of people waiting in the front of your house to be invited to your tea parties? You are the best tea party creator!!

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

Fantastic, thank you for the how to, I'd love to try this!!!

blushing rose said...

... & am I to assume many invitations to these tea parties got lost in the mail? Chuckle! What a wonderful presentation. You have darling ideas. TTFN ~Marydon

Shelley in SC said...

So beautiful!! Thanks for the how to!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Melissa, I think that is so fun and whimsical!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Married life said...

Very cute! I love your little crafty ideas : )

Gin said...

I stumbled upon your blog while searching for Fancy Nancy birthday party ideas for my soon to be 6 yr old daughter. Can I just say I was instantly hooked!! I love all of your ideas, recipes, and how tos. I was actually searching for a recipe the other day (Asian coleslaw) and I think yours is THE ONE! I haven't been able to find it anywhere until now. Needless to say, I anxiously await every new post. Thanks so much for blogging!

Gin in Georgia

Brenda said...

Love this teapot arrangement!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin