Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Like Pink Lemonade

"The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had." --Author Unknown



Fresh flowers in sunshiny shades of pink, green, yellow and white made a happy bouquet to welcome dear friends who stopped in for a visit over the weekend.



I was delighted when my best girlfriend, Vonda, called to say her family would be travelling through Alabama on their way to the beach. Vonda and I have spent many hours together doing crafts, visiting tea rooms, sharing Bible studies and touring historic sites. But she has such a precious spirit, I would be happy to just sit with her on the porch somewhere, sipping pink lemonade.



Vonda is my pink lemonade friend -- sweet, ladylike and refreshing. I will share recipes and highlights from our visit this week. May we all be so blessed to sit on the porch this summer with a special friend!

"I question not if thrushes sing,
If roses load the air;
Beyond my heart I need not reach
When all is summer there."
-- John Vance Cheney

Blog Widget by LinkWithin