Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bow-Tie Pasta Toss

 
Pictured above is the bow tie pasta toss we enjoyed warm days before my back surgery. I have enjoyed it cold during my recovery.

Bow Tie Pasta Toss
I discovered this recipe a few years ago in Southern Living -- refreshing as a main course or side dish.
8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding 1/2 teaspoon salt to water; drain well. Place pasta in a large bowl and stir in tomatoes, olives and garlic. Whisk together next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; add to pasta mixture, tossing to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; stir in feta. Garnish, if desired. (Substitute 6 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette for dressing, if desired.) Yield: 2-3 main dish servings or 4-6 side dish servings. (Note: I added a little red onion for extra flavor.)

7 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love this, Melissa!

Hope you're feeling better...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Love Being a Nonny said...

I wondered how you were doing. I hope you will keep us posted.

If I lived close to you IRL, I would make you a dessert or a salad! I love your love of *presentation* and I get a lot of ideas form you!

Rose said...

This looks really yummy.

House and Garden Boutique said...

The pasta dish looks so good! What a great summertime menu item! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us.

azsnowmom said...

Hope that you are feeling better, but I want to remind you, that to recover you must not push yourself. I have multiple medical problems and want to jump up and at it, but I realize that I can't. Rest and let your family pamper you, as you are usually the one doing the pampering. Loving thoughts to you and your family!

экскурсии в барселоне said...

It can't really have success, I feel so.

Colleen said...

A weak battery can be compared to a fuel tank of a car that has been crushed. Because of this, you will be able to save more money in the long run. Most people rarely even use these services, so there is little reason to let it eat up battery life.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin