Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sew Beautiful on the Beach



I love the monogrammed bathing suits some of my favorite trunk show lines carry, so I was thrilled when Sew Beautiful included a toddler bikini pattern in the May/June 2010 issue. I made this pair of bathing suits for the girls to wear for last week's trip to the beach.



Aren't they precious? I used pink and white seersucker with darker pink rick-rack and monogram. Matching hair bows complete this sweet beachtime look.



The Sew Beautiful pattern goes up to a size 4, but 6-year-old Mary Ashley can wear it since it ties at the neck and back. I left the elastic out of her bloomers, which helped her feel a little more "big girl" in her suit.



This is worth a cheer: I picked up an extra copy of the May/June issue of Sew Beautiful for one of you! Leave a comment below to enter, and I will announce the winner soon.

You can subscribe to this beautiful magazine here.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin