Monday, June 21, 2010

A Little News


Thank you so much for all your comments and prayers for my recent back surgery. I appreciate your encouragement more than you know. I had a microdiscectomy last Wednesday for a ruptured disc at L4-L5. The neurosurgeon successfully removed a large extrusion as well as a fragment of disc that had lodged under the nerve root. Both had calcified, so the surgeon said I have needed this procedure for a while. Wednesday was a rough day, as I experienced nausea and vomiting after surgery. I was most disappointed to experience painful back spasms after the procedure. Nausea subsided within 24 hours, but the spasms have continued. Yesterday the intensity and frequency of the spasms began to wain, so I am hopeful that this week will be more restful. Walking has proven helpful, so I plan to do more of that each day.

My mother had her stem cell transplant last week, so we are hopeful that she will improve dramatically. I will keep you updated on her progress.

Stop by tomorrow for tea in the garden!

 

Blog Widget by LinkWithin