Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Day at the Beach



I have always joked that getting family pictures on the beach is my children's payment for their vacation. This is the first trip I can remember that I didn't have them dress up for photos, but most days we played on the beach until sunset. This year I snapped a few photos of them at play. Here are some of my favorites.

















"I find myself at the extremity of a long beach. How gladly does the spirit leap forth, and suddenly enlarge its sense of being to the full extent of the broad, blue, sunny deep! A greeting and a homage to the Sea! I descend over its margin, and dip my hand into the wave that meets me, and bathe my brow. That far-resounding roar is the Ocean's voice of welcome. His salt breath brings a blessing along with it." -- Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Foot-prints on the Sea-shore"

10 comments:

marta said...

complimenti sono meravigliosi...bellissimi!4 gioielli!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

They are absolutely adorable, and I'm glad you got these casual shots of them at play! I think my favorite shots of us as children are the ones where we were playing and one where we were crabbing! :-)

Thinking of you and trusting that all is well!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sonja said...

What a treasure these kids will have in your photos!!

Praying for great reults for your surgery.

Blessings!

Vonda said...

Great pictures Melissa! Looks like they had a wonderful time!

Love Being a Nonny said...

I love that you have two boys close in age and two girls close too! It's a built-in friendship.

Anonymous said...

very sweet photos--shows that they are having so much fun! They will love these special memories you have captured.

Hope you are feeling better today,

Debra
Baton Rouge, LA

PS I am the same way-- I tend to dress all of my 3 in similar clothing {all white} and aim for the perfect beach photo. Sometimes the natural shots are the sweetest!
white}

mary said...

What beautiful pictures!!!! and what wonderful memories

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Your children are going to have so many wonderful memories. Both of our grown up kids have been to the beach several times already this summer but I've only made it out on the water once. I NEED some salt water and pluff mud in my system.

Cherrie said...

Beautiful! They are all getting so tall. I can just see these printed on canvas.

Kristi said...

Those are great pictures, Melissa! Get with me - I have finished a great book that you might consider for the book club...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin