Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Day at the Beach



I have always joked that getting family pictures on the beach is my children's payment for their vacation. This is the first trip I can remember that I didn't have them dress up for photos, but most days we played on the beach until sunset. This year I snapped a few photos of them at play. Here are some of my favorites.

















"I find myself at the extremity of a long beach. How gladly does the spirit leap forth, and suddenly enlarge its sense of being to the full extent of the broad, blue, sunny deep! A greeting and a homage to the Sea! I descend over its margin, and dip my hand into the wave that meets me, and bathe my brow. That far-resounding roar is the Ocean's voice of welcome. His salt breath brings a blessing along with it." -- Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Foot-prints on the Sea-shore"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin